This is a maintenance release, with new features introduced, and bugs fixed.
- Performance values have been extended from 32-bit integers to 64-bit integers, so that a monitor can now provide a result that exceeds the largest 32-bit number. This change primarily affects WMI/SNMP traffic monitors whose values can not fit within the range of 32-bit integers which is why they could be previously truncated. Note that 64-bit SNMP counters are supported only in SNMP v2c and SNMP v3 protocols. Therefore, you may need to update your SNMP configuration to enable support for 64-bit SNMP counters to see the effect of this change.
- Reduced memory consumption when starting or restarting the monitoring service. Previously, a large monitoring database could result in high peak memory consumption during monitoring service startup.
- Improved accuracy of monitor state graphs and performance diagrams in the monitoring client, Web interface and e-mail reports.
- Fixed a few bugs in the New Monitor Wizard and in the New Host dialogs.
- Third party tools such as Apache HTTP server, OpenSSL, curl and other libraries have been updated to their latest stable released versions.