The Hyper-V Hypervisor, Hyper-V Virtual Machine, and Hyper-V Virtual Storage application templates have been added for monitoring of the Windows native virtualization platform. The Hyper-V Host, Hyper-V Virtual Machine, Hyper-V Virtual Storage, and Hyper-V Network Traffic monitor types have been implemented.
Nginx Web Server application templates for free and commercial versions of Nginx have been added.
Application upgrade support has been implemented. When a new template version used by the application is installed, it will be indicated on the application property page that enables you to switch to this new version of the template by clicking on the upgrade link. The same can also be achieved from the Templates dialog. Special handling applies if a new template version is incompatible with the existing application. For example, monitors which are removed from the new template may be removed from the application as well or converted to user-defined monitors during the upgrade.
New variables related to application templates (can be used in alert messages) have been added:
1. $RepeatedCount – counts how many times the alert has been triggered. Works only if the ‘Execute again’ alert option is checked.
2. $UnixEpoch – is the unix time (epoch time) when a monitor state change or event occurred. The same as the $Time variable but in Unix time format
3. $MonitorId – is a unique internal monitor identifier used in the monitoring database
4. $HostId – is a unique internal host identifier used in the monitoring database
Now it is possible to specify a custom “From” address for the Alternate mail server (SMTP). Some mail servers require this field to belong to the same domain and in such cases it has to differ from that for the primary server.
View ‘By Application’ has been added in the IPHost Network Monitor client application and web interface. Now you can browse parameters and create reports for monitors and applications grouped by templates and template categories.
Now it is possible to add new monitors to existing ones or a new application using the New Monitor Wizard. Previously, it was only possible to copy existing monitors to existing applications via the Copy Monitor Dialog (Ctrl+C).
Now it is possible to copy multiple applications to multiple hosts and multiple monitors to applications.
A possible “premature end of PDU” error when sending an SMS over GSM modem alert has been fixed.
Spike filter inheritance handling has been fixed. Previously this bug might have resulted in the service assuming “no spike filter” or in the service wrongly ignoring inherited settings in favor of local settings.
Previous release notes
- April 2016 (5.0 build 10689)
- January 2016 (4.0 build 10327)
- October 2015 (4.0 build 10090)
- May, 2015 (4.0 build 9250)
- March 2015 (4.0 build 8879)
- January 2015 (4.0 build 8741)
- January 2015 (4.0 build 8716)
- December 2014 (4.0 build 8652)
- September 2014 (3.5 build 8152)
- May 2014 (3.5 build 7890)
- April 2014 (3.5 build 7796)
- February 2014 (3.5 build 7298)
- February 2014 (3.5 build 7214)
- January 2014 (3.5 build 6985)
- May 2013 (3.1 build 6645)
- May 2012 (3.1 build 6258)
- February 2012 (3.1 build 6249)
- October 2011 (3.1 build 5909)
- July 2011 (3.1 build 5571)
- October 2010 (3.0 build 4556)
- August 2010 (3.0 build 4458)