This is an update release, with new features introduced, and bugs fixed.
New monitors and application templates
- Added VmWare Host, VmWare Virtual Machine, VMWare Datastore monitors and Applications. Use them to check parameters of Host, Virtual Machines, and Datastore on VMware vSphere Hypervisor.
- Added support for “depend on ping” dependency option.
- Improved monitoring database backup. Added extra integrity checks when backing up the database.
- Added an option to perform full database backup at any moment.
- Multiple backups can be stored now. Backup schedule is configurable through settings.
- Added a simple way to restore monitoring database from backup.
- Improved discovery for WMI, SNMP, SSH disk space and traffic monitors. Now IPHost service will discover monitors for all disks and network interfaces.
- SSH (Remote Script or Program) monitor has been improved to support execution of scripts defined in local file or in a “Script body” text box while passing parameters to those scripts. Different interpreters use different rules for passing script parameters in such a case; the following most popular ones were checked:
bash, dash, csh, zsh, perl, python, ruby, nodejs, php
before this fix, parameters were not recognized by perl, python, ruby and nodejs scripts.
- Now measurement units are shown on monitor performance charts in cases when different combinations of settings use different units.