Everything breaks, sooner or later. We do our best to bring you stable and reliable monitoring tool, but problems do happen. When IPHost ceases to work, or something looks broken, please follow the below steps to get support.
Please note that we need information on the problem. The more close you follow the below steps, the less time will it take to handle the issue.
1. Save your monitoring data immediately, to prevent possible data loss:
- if IPHost monitoring service works, proceed to “Settings > DB Maintenance”, click “Generate DB Backup Now”, wait till the backup is created, click “Available backups” tab, select the latest backup in the list (on top; recently generated) and click “Pin” (that will prevent it from automated removal in the future)
- if anything from the above sequence doesn’t work or returns an error, do the following
- stop monitoring service from “Tools” menu
- stop IPHost GUI client (“File > Exit”)
- run Task Manager, look for fbserver.exe process; terminate it if it runs
- copy the entire “C:\ProgramData\IPHost Network Monitor\data” folder elsewhere (make a backup copy of it)
- if monitoring service was running normally, start IPHost GUI client and start monitoring service from “Tools menu”
2. Provide us with as much data as possible from the below list. Note that we will most probably ask for the items from that list anyway, sending it along with your error report can speed up issue handling significantly:
- If the problem is re-producible, please explain steps required to see it happen (if problem is monitor-related, please include at least monitor type)
- Send IPHost components log files: compress the entire “C:\ProgramData\IPHost Network Monitor\logs” folder with a program like WinZIP and send us the resulting archive (important: logs files do not contain sensitive information, such as access credentials)
- Send OS type, version and build: run ‘winver’ program, make screenshot of what it displays and send to us (you can remove any licensing data from that image (bottom part), but please retain Windows type, version and OS build number as they are)
- (if IPHost GUI client can be started) Send IPHost version and license data: start IPHost GUI client and click “Help > About IPHost Network Monitor”; make screenshot of the pop-up displayed and send to us. Note that we have all licenses list anyway, there’s no need to blank license key.
- If you report a certain monitor malfunction: send screenshots of its “Main parameters”, “State conditions”, “Alerting” tabs (you can blank actual IP addresses/host names if needed), as well as contents of “Logs” view for the monitor
- If you saw error pop-ups, please make screenshots of them and send to us, as well
3. Contact us via means listed at Support page, and attach all the data collected at step 2.