How can I move IPHost Network Monitor from one server to another?
Q: I need to move my IPHost installation onto another computer. I would like to keep
monitoring database intact. How can I do that?
A: If you need to move registered copy of the IPHost Network Monitor from one server to another you need
unregister it on the old one first (if you didn’t yet register on old
server and have a trial version installation you may skip these steps):
- Run the IPHost Network Monitor client on your old server and select “Enter Your Registration Key” from the Help menu.
- Stop the Monitoring service on old server (Tools -> Stop monitoring service menu).
- Click the “Unregister” button. After that product will be converted to a 2-week trial on old server.
Moving monitoring configuration and results
You might also want to move the monitoring database with all the monitoring
settings, results, etc. Monitoring database files (NMS.FDB and nms.gbak) are located
“C:\ProgramData\IPHost Network Monitor\data”
if you use Windows Vista or above, or in
“C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\IPHost Network Monitor\data”
if you use Windows 2003 or XP.
Actual database location can be seen at any moment by running IPHost GUI client and selecting Tools -> Settings -> System. Value of “Path to nms.fdb file” is the actual database location.
To move the database, please do the following:
- Stop Service via Tools-> Stop monitoring service menu.
- Exit the IPHost GUI application via the File -> Exit menu (make sure to use the menu to exit).
- Backup NMS.FDB and nms.gbak files located in the folders specified above.
- Install IPHost on a new server.
- Stop Service and IPHost GUI on new server.
- Put saved NMS.FDB and nms.gbak to the corresponding directory depending on the operating system of the new server.
- Start & Register IPHost Network Monitor client on new server with the same key you already have.
- Start Monitoring service on new server.
Now IPHost Network Monitor should start monitoring from the new server using the same configuration as on the old server.